Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Stop overcompensating

A night out with friends last Saturday had us talking about the familiar topic of "Men - Women".

From the guys to us girls ( i won't mention their names, it will be a betrayal of themselves to the MAN-united - BROtherhood for revealing the flaws of MANkind), the popular phrase for the night was
"Stop overcompensating".

Stop overcompensating for things that isn't
your fault. When obviously they are the ones with the flaw.

Stop overcompensating because you fear you will lose that somebody. Because you lose yourself in the end. And that will be the perfect excuse to dump you.

Stop overcompensating when you are being treated badly. You should look at your relationship as a friendship.
How did you and your friends sustain your good-long-term friendship? It's because you have a standard of what you like and what not to like as friends. If the very basis of your relationship with a guy cannot pass this test, then you have the answer that he is not right. He is worse off then your friend.

Stop overcompensating and doing everything for him, waiting for him hand and foot. He has his hands and feet. If he is able to want to have sex, then he should be capable of doing things for himself! You are not his mother, so don't start acting like one!

Stop overcompensating and making excuses for him just because the guy is a coward, who needs to run away or disappears from the face of this earth because he can't face you to tell the truth.

Stop overcompensating and make excuses for the guys who isn't sure if they want to date you. He is not SHY, he just isn't interested. A guy will not ask themselves - "er.. do i or don't i want to date the girl? We don't think. We just do. Women are smarter. They think before they do. Guys just want to have sex. Then maybe they think".
The best line i heard for the night : "If the guy wants to get into your pants get him to do all the work! If not keep your pants on."

This had me thinking. The drive from The Attic to USJ, through the weekend and till today, where i finally could piece it all together after much rationalising.
As much as i hate to agree with those bunch of guys, i must say they are right.

So girlfriends, why are we, the independent women who is capable of earning our own money, buying our own apartments, owning Gucci - LV - Prada bags, driving beautiful cars, pampering ourselves with the most expensive spa treatments and skin care, running the best times in the marathons, managing departments & portfolios worth millions of ringgit, stoop ourselves so low.

When did we start overcompensating?

This is a HARSH reminder to myself that I am WORTH so much more.
If ever, i fall into this "Overcompensating" mode again ( which i find myself there most of the time), please, girls & GUYs, you are most welcome to hit me on my head so hard that the word OVERCOMPENSATING becomes obsolete in my dictionary.

( Dude.. you know who you are, thanks for IRRITATING THE HELL out of me Sat night, but it was indeed an insightful conversation. For now.. BUZZ OFF! haha )

6 comments:

Wandernut said...

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHH!

That's a good one.
:D

Anonymous said...

Chris again! Yes, I'm bored at work with no work to do. Anyway, I hate to burst the bubble but I really don't get this Overcompensating thing 'cos I think I've never done it - since I'm practically an ice-queen.

In fact, in all my past relationships - this overcompensating phenomenon worked the other way around. Meaning, the guys were the ones overcompensating. And, yes I agree with the guys - it's annoying. Don't do it girls!

Guess I won't understand until my 'strong man' (as my dear Japanese friends put it) comes along and melts the ice out of this queen. (Yes, I still am Queen... bow before me, you slaves!)

So, to speed up the process - anyone's got any 'strong man' to introduce to me? That's IF there are any left in this world. (I foresee that I will pay dearly for that last comment )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fruit of Eden said...

Nut : Seen so many "sisterhood" fall into this trap.. *tsk tsk*. So i thought, what better way to knock some hard facts in.

Chrissy : HAIL QUEEN! you must be the lucky few who's not been overcompensating! If there were any good strong men out there.. i would have *NGAP* him first!

Yue-li said...

is it worse to overcompensate for guys, or for lazy-ass colleagues?

now there's another debate!

hehe

Fruit of Eden said...

Ooohh.. while we are on that subject, wut about clients who don't do their work and "put us on the table to eat dead cat" and bosses who can't find their brains?