Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Looking from the other side

Being in the Ad industry for the last 6 years, I've always been on the Account Management / Client side of things.

Last weekend's activities allowed me a glimpse ( a glimpse because I was just scratching the tip of the iceberg ) of the other side - the print & TV production.

Part of my "Investing in myself" resolution this year, I decided that everything NEW that comes my way, I should try it, for the experience of enriching my life.

Now i know how difficult it is being a Print talent
Lawrence & Jac ( owners of Beauty Gallerie ), my yumseng party kaki, invited me for a FREE makeover - photo shoot at their salon on Sunday. Since, I've always been the one sourcing through talent cards, commenting on the talent's make-up or with the creative team dictating the tone of the makeup, watching from the sidelines and sometimes shaking my head if the talents are too "kaku" during photo shoots, I decided to put myself on the other side, just to experience what it felt like.

So off i trod to Lawrence & Jac's place for my 2pm appointment. To be made up and to do the photo shoot. If you've watched the Dove commercial ( about real beauty ), i felt like the talen
t Inspired by the ad. I asked for - higher nose, double eyelids (hah!) and i was even offered, longer eye lashes, which i politely declined.

Before the photo shoot started, i told the photographer.. "Er, don't make me look FAT!" .

like that ok-ah?

Standing in front of the camera, was a challenge. You have to somehow imagine that there is a cable pulling your head up and you are gritting the iron bar of the trapeze with your mouth while smiling, so that you get a good posture.



that's the only time you don't catch me slouching

After a while, I figured that the photographer seems to have a formula in getting the angles he wanted. It starts with " arch your back, sway your hips to the side (right-left- back- front ), tilt your head ( right - left- back-front ), eyes looking at his finger.. and SMILE.. SMILE.. SMILE!"

my trademark lansi CB face when i don't smile


Steph & Willy-boy were my fans. The above pictures were taken by Steph whilst the real action was going on.
I'm waiting for my touched up pictures to come... There'll be 1 in this dress, 1 in a cowboy hat ( i love love love that shot ) and 1 more in a leather jacket - wriau!

Now that I'm on the other side - where the camera , make up and glamour is, I realised SMILING and POSING is really hard!

Thanks Lawrence & Jac for this FUN FUN FUN experience.
(For those who's interested, Beauty Gallerie is located in SS4 next to the famous chicken rice stall opposite the Catholic church. So pop in to pamper yourself silly for facials & beauty treatment)

Oh, how can i leave without my parting trademark JESSHYBABY shot..

Wrisu ...

No comments: