Monday, March 12, 2007

28

I turn 28 today.
I am now "late-20s".

At clubs, i would be in the category of "aunty" dancing
My friends are all breeding and their brood have officially changed me from"cheh-cheh" into "aunty"
Everything falls apart...(Well, technically, everything falls apart after 25 ). The ass grows exponentially, the beer belly aint shrinking, the freckles breeds (ARGH), the skin dries up like a prune, the spots won't disappear..
The issues in life ( which i've been hiding from all this while) becomes REAL: Financial independance, Retirement funds, Health scares - all forms of women cancer, Tendency to be naggy, Fear of losing loved ones to death / illnesses, Mom wants to be grandma real bad (time to get another dog) etc

The favourite question for the day is : "how do you feel turning 28?"

28 feels good. It feels like it's going to be a GREAT year!

And like what good friend Diane rightly put it "Being 28 this year and still rockin & rollin’. Conquering each year…achieving more….and most importantly, being more true to ourselves. As we get older, we become more confident, self-assured and definitely say whats on our mind more."

So, amidst the growing pains, looking back ( and forward ), i am truly truly blessed.

At 28, i learn the true meaning of contentment.
Through my life's journey God has put in place beautiful masterpieces that surrounds my world. Each one, being a little piece of who i am today.

  • wonderful self sacrificing parents, for without them, i would not be the person i am today
  • a younger but acts older brother who's the sweetest dude, putting up with a bratty older sister
  • great friends, who has pulled me through my hardest times, celebrated normal mundane moments with me each day and unfortunately having to put up with my ahem,klutziness
  • fantastic girl friends who are really RAH-RAH FIRE POWER - each one though different, is a true inspiration.. rubbing off every part of their goodness & wisdom in me..i have truly learnt so much from
  • angels, people who have touched me unknowingly, during times of troubles or creating opportunities for me
  • people who have hurt me and tried to harm me... how can i forget these gems, for teaching me HARD LESSONS that I'll never forget and spurring me to be better than ever.
I can feel it in my fats & bones.. It's going to be a great year ahead!

( I also turn 6 years old in my workplace today. The young graduate, 6 years ago, too excited to get a job, too fearful that she couldn't get one decided to start work on her birthday!)

2 comments:

Wandernut said...

*hic*

Yue-li said...

happy birthday auntie jessica!

love from,
grandma yueli