Friday, March 16, 2007

Bye Bye Lau Chew Ma (1911-2007) : Part II

I should have put this up a month ago. Procrastination is my middle name.

Here are some pictures, of Lau Chew Ma, which i thought is so beautiful, it'll be a waste to only hog it for myself.
Through these pictures, i realised that regardless of age, you can be INSPIRING.

Lau Chew Ma : Inspiring Lives
She came to Malaya at the age of 14.
Ms Tan Jooi Kuan ( i only knew her name, at her death ) because all this time, i only know her as cute old
"Lau Chew Ma"



This is my favourite picture of her
"Huo Tau Lau, Xue Tau Lau" (in mandarine). It means, "To learn, till the end of your life". At 96, she is able to memorise biblical verses , hymns and even Psalms, reciting them in Teo Chew.

Her favourite is Psalms 23, The Lord is my Shepherd.

"Huo Tau Lau, Xue Tau Lau"

The Lord, is truly her shepherd. Till her end days.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil;for You are with me;

Picture taken by a youth who visits her often at the old folks home. As the pastor prays, she finds comfort in her Lord.

"Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Day out in Tanjung. Chilling by the beachfront, enjoying the breeze

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Her 4 generations of children.Taken outside the parish.I only know half of the family members here.


The Koh Family. ah Ma, is the eldest in the family. Joe has a pretty cool close up her sleeping in the coffin.


Her final resting place, in the Lutheran Church Plot, Bakri


Earth to Earth, Dust to Dust

Till we meet again, Lau Chew Ma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord that she is home.