Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mah Jong.. I'll never learn!

Mission #2 : Fatt Fa Teen

Saturday, 22 Oct : Lawrence & Jacq @ Bar B201
Tonight must be my lucky night. Instead of paying for tuition fees for a 101 on Sam Ka (3 leg) Mah Jong, I finished with a handsome RM1.60. JacQ attributes it to me “fatt fa teen”.

Don’t ask me what the game is all about, because I still can’t grasps the game. I just can't.


I don’t know :
1.Where do we start? Clockwise or anti- clockwise?
2.How do you count the tiles? & where from? Clockwise or anticlockwise?
3.How do you calculate the points? I am still confused over the “Wus” and when can you or can’t you “game”? gh.

I know :
1. Arrange the tiles – same pattern, running numbers
2. to be safe, always throw away the tile that everyone else is throwing
3. to call for the cards ( to make 3 ), it’s “Pong”
4. to grab a card to make 4 tiles ( as a flower, if I’m not mistaken.. ) call “Kong”
5. don’t simply grab the tiles from any end of the queue. Ask if you don’t know where to grab, and most importantly don’t daydream. You will be penalised badly – pay for the winner and the runner up if I am so lucky as to throw the tile to help them “game”.

New list of words I’ve learnt :
“Kam Kam Wu” – Something to do with gaming with your own “moh”
“Tai Seong Koong” – Too many cards can’t game
“Siew Seong Koong” – Too little cards can’t game

It's funny how i don't even know the game, but i know that it is pretty addictive.
Sigh.
When do we play again?



No comments: