Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Potato Slut



I made my first potato salad today.

It’s a recipe borrowed from Nut’s blog ( seafood bbq ) & improvised from YL’s recipe .
Improvised along the way, as this kitchen dummy is definitely nervous about the potato salad not turning out right. My secret fear is that instead of a nice sunny bbq party at Kayb’s, we might end up with a lau-sai party.

Daddy was my first guinea pig. He came for back for seconds. Yippie!

Nothing exploded in the kitchen today.
Nothing got burnt.
Nothing was spilled, and I didn’t came out unharm.

The only casualty was that I had to wrestled the kitchen from mom.
So this is a big deal for me.
For those of you who have visited my home will know that my mom is a clean freak.
Her kitchen is clinically white and spotlessly clean.
Everything I’ve touched has to be wiped clean, before it goes back to it’s place of origin, the walls has to be wiped and kitchen utensils washed and dried to before I step out of the kitchen.

I had to sneak down to the kitchen to start my PS mission, before she discovered that there was a storm brewing. She eventually wandered into the kitchen.
I could see that she was nervous, that I would burn down the kitchen ( hey, I have learnt from the egg-in-microwave episode okay ).

1hour 45 minutes, a potato salad for 15 people. This is hard work. I really got to try harder, if I really want to be a domestic goddess.

1 comment:

Wandernut said...

Looks good wor!!!

*slurp*