Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tracking down the MIAs

I realised that work has taken up so much of my time, I’ve lost track of most of my friends. I missed spending time with them. I missed my child-teen hood. Meeting up with them, meant that I could relive my past and be in denial that I am now a grown up. Well at least for a while.

The long DeepaRaya holidays promised a good break. But with too much time idle, I tend to go through some time of holiday blues. Since BB is back home in Ipoh for the holidays I decided that I should scroll through my phone book and organise little get togethers.

Mission #1 – Saturday, 21 Oct : Kshian & HanS @ SS2 Tai Chow & KTZ
I’ve not seen Kshian since Amy’s wedding and HanS since ChrisC’s last home coming from Penang.

Har Ko Nai Yau Har (Salted Egg Mantis Prawn ) & Curry Tau Hu . Absolutely yummy. Pork Knuckles for the boys. All that is missing is ze beer. But after a Chivas filled week in D’Haven, I resorted to only non-alcoholic drink for the night.

I was mighty excited at the sight of Kshian’s Frontier ( which I stupidly thought it was a Hi-Lux). Being the sua - ku that I am, I chose to travel in this monster of a car to KTZ.

I thought that it was funny that when you hang around a group of friends often, you tend to bump into them, even though you are out with another bunch of friends. So there they were, KayB, Terny, Aivan, Jessey, Willy & Steph. We took over their seats, as they were making their way to a movie.

For dessert I had Mango Lo Lo ( bliss!).
It brings back good memories, my Mango Lo Lo - SMSJ times, at Sunway Pyramid overlooking the skating ring with Amy, Murphy, Audrey, Kelvin & HanS
- First time getting our driving licence, at Jalan Alor, after a joy ride from SJ ( either HanS or Wilfred or Kelvin drove) – SAM Taylor College days, at somewhere Kepong following the slip road from Segambut Dalam.
That night, we sat from 10pm – 1.30am. Such great fun exchanging views & stories about Venus & Mars.

No comments: