Thursday, May 03, 2007

April Sunday Outing

I refuse to admit that we are Old, though i've been feeling it.
Also, it's not that we don't have the stamina to or party the way we used to (yea..right!). Rather I'd like to think that we should be Wiser to know that we shouldn't put our body through physical torture for the sake of Fun. Yet, we repeatedly do so. Why?

Older but not wiser.

The physical "torture - fun" that we through last weekend:

The Malay Mail Fun Walk

Dragged out of bed at 5am so that we can make it to Dataran Merdeka for the Malay Mail Fun Walk. It wouldn't be so bad, if we didn't stay at Lawrence's place feasting on yummy steamboat and drinking till 1.30am. Crawling into bed at 2.30am and dreading the thought of having to wake up in 3 hours,trust me, i debated with myself over and over again whether to FFK or not. It started raining heavily, so I thought maybe, I could do the cowardly text messaging to say, "guys it's raining, guess i won't be going!".



Well, at least i had people who "suffered" with me!


7.30am : At the starting line. I've not stood so close to the Sultan Ahmad Shah building before. It is actually quite pretty.


There goes uncle Lawrence at the starting line! And me at the end of the walk. The padang which we had to finish is one big MUD POOL! My feet had a mud bath which unfortunately felt more like a growing ground for fungus and not a foot spa.


Hulu Langat, Sg. Gabai Waterfalls



12.45pm : Walking towards the waterfall, with our snackies & freebies from the Big Walk Goodie Bag.
Best goodie was the 250ml bottle of Johnny Walker, hidden in Lawrence's bag.


The start of the waterfall....


Why does chasing waterfalls have to be such a long climb upwards? Huff huff puff puff...
Well at least this waterfall is bigger and an easier and shorter climb vis a vis NUANG!!
( pictures were taken from my Sony Ericsson phone.. There's no zoom feature, and i was afraid i'll fall into the waterfall with my phone, so i took this from a distance...that's why the ant-like people. But, I must say, SE phones rocks, it's easy to use and i can easily capture pictures everywhere i go! except for the non-zoom features)



Another icky thing about chasing waterfalls is, there's no place to clean up.. so it's just change as fast as you can and head off! or just change behind your car doors.. muahahahaha

Kajang Satay Feast : KB's Birthday makan

The Birthday boy is the champion - 33 sticks

Willy boy lost out - only at 30 sticks

Aivan... I won't reveal how many sticks you had, in case Lily reads this blog, and sees you trying to hide the sticks.. oops!

I managed 10! Shane at 27, and Terny ...what a lovely picture.


240 sticks in total - ada ayam, kambing, lembu dan itik


BURP! smell my onions! such a great Sunday!

For more Pictures..

2 comments:

Yue-li said...

wah... 3km walk AND waterfall trek. come, run 15km with us :D

Anonymous said...

AND Terence went with you!!??! hahahah :P