Saturday, April 14, 2007

Friday the 13th - Witches prowling

Friday the 13th left me emotionally drained. Leading to physical exhaustion ( wah so DRAMA right!!). It's true, for a Sanguine, because their emotions are erratic rollercoasters, any spike upwards in their emotions, wreck havoc to the body. Causing extreme tireness! hah!

I didn't intentionally think about FRIDAY the 13th, until late in the evening after all the hoo-haa, as i was talking to Gin about "EVIL", did she cheekily reminded me that witches run loose on Friday the 13th.. ahhhwwooooooo...!

1st emotional drain : The morning started off with a tiff or rather a very tense confrontation with a colleague. On the way projects are being run.

2nd emotional drain ( and extreme headache ): With the head of the company. Who marched into my room, and requested for me to step out because some "Neutralising" had to be done to my work station. This meant burning some "fu" under my table. All this came about because someone had moved my table before the "appointed" feng sui time. And now some neutralising action had to be done. This, is not for me, it's for the good of the company, i was told. Tired from fighting and knowing that my "NO, i can't.. it's against my religion" would fall on deaf ears, i stepped out. Later, i was told smugly.. "Ok.. IT IS DONE".

I returned to the room, all miserable, angry and a little teary ( yea, quite cry baby...especially when i'm angry and i have to suppress it ), only to be greeted by a blanket of smoke. Guess you can imagine the nasty smell. The account management department was silent. My face was as black as the black attire i was wearing.

Later that evening, ms. HEAD came back cheerily asking me, "So, everything ok?". Blind to the fact that the "Neutralising action" made me so miserable that I wanted to quit. It's a Religious Harassment. What if, I am a Muslim? Will this happen to me? Does religion mean nothing? Perhaps, this is a way of showing "care" for the employees?

So much for "Neutralising".

Well, I've decided not to be defeated by it all. I said a prayer, and had the comfort of wonderful friends - saw gin, chris, yuez, wei na, wan hoon who prayed with me and encouraged me to make light of this "neutralising" situation.

I couple of checks with lawyers and advise for HR managers, note this - The employer has the right to do all these rites, because it is their premise. What they can't do, is to make you perform it. There is no employment ( labour laws ) to protect us on this matter.

Friday the 13th 2007. The witches prowled. I bumped smack into them. Did you?






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better today :-)

Yue-li said...

friday the 13th, indeed.

but knowing your Head of Company, it happens everyday.

:\

Fruit of Eden said...

Thanks babes.. over the weekend i had a chat with my pastor and he told me... to be a light in the darkness. Which means not to even criticise what has happen, but to pray and love the person that is in darkness. What a tough thing to do..!

Wandernut said...

Love her ah? Eeeyerrr....

I love old crunchy kailans, but the type that sits quietly on a plate drenched in oyster sauce and garlic oil.